Our nice Fall weather continues. Sure, it’ll dip into the 60s today, but we’ll be above 70 tomorrow, and then hitting the 80s for a few days starting Sunday. Enjoy it folks—it won’t last forever. Let us know what your weekend is looking like, and if there are any happenings we should know about in the coming week.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Busy week, yeah? We learned that property on Foster is being marketed to developers; the Bob White is set to have its seats removed (but the Day Theater may take its place as the last great hope for movies/events space on Foster); you can now buy pot (without an OMMP card) at Foster Buds (and whatever other dispensaries are in the neighborhood); SMART Collective celebrated their second anniversary; I Heart Retro had its grand opening.
– You’re all soon to get another option for grocery shopping. WinCo, as many already know, plans to move into the former Food 4 Less space in the shopping center at SE Powell and 82nd. They expect to be open by summer of next year.
– Don’t forget…the Fall Fest at the FoPo Community Garden is on October 24, and volunteers are needed to help put the event together. Check their website for more info and to learn how to get involved.
– Speaking of volunteering…there’s a group of neighbors who are organizing regular “clean up” parties. Locations will rotate, but the idea is to keep the neighborhood clean in a group effort. Some of this may have been prompted by an uptick in needles and trash being found in our parks, so it’s fitting that this weekend’s cleanup will be in Kern Park. This will happen on the first Sunday of every month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. As for this Sunday at Kern Park, meet at 9:30 am.
– Bar Maven’s food is on point. Just sayin’.
– Performance Works NW is teaming up with LACUNA to bring a night of performance art to the neighborhood. This Saturday at 8 pm, catch performances from Lucy Yee Yim, Kelly McGovern, Future Death Agency, and Antibody Corporation. $10 suggested donation.
– More weekend entertainment:
FoPo Tavern- Ferociously Funny Fridays, comedy starting at 9 pm
Starday Tavern- Focus Focus, Ali Muhareb, and Cult Choir, Friday at 9 pm; Voices of the Sea, Blind Lovejoy, and the Toads, Saturday at 8:30 pm; Jankaraoke, Sunday at 9 pm
Performance Works NW- LACUNA Presents, Saturday at 8 pm
World Famous Cannabis Cafe- Justing James Bridges, Friday at 8 pm; Todd Armstrong Comedy Hour and Tribe Mars, Saturday at 7 pm