Well, I suppose at this point we’re just going to skip spring altogether and jump right into summer. The next 10 days call for a range of mid-70s to upper-80s. And one day in the 90s. Ahhhgeeyaah!
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– With the weather taking a decidedly positive turn, we thought we’d remind you that outdoor dining and drinking options abound on Foster. Here’s a quick rundown: Speedboat Coffee, Carts on Foster and Pod Bar, Devil’s Point, Foster Burger, An Xuyen, Slingshot, FoPo Tavern, Nayar Taqueria, Bar Maven, NWIPA, Bar Carlo, Pieper Cafe, Starday Tavern, Da Hui, Off The Griddle, O’Malley’s, Portland Mercado and….wait for it…Foster Gardens.
– Also, don’t forget, Bar Maven is doing brunch on the weekends. Get on some of that…
– And while we’re talking food, Bar Carlo has new menus. We especially dig the ‘soup and grilled cheese’ addition to the happy hour menu.
– There are now three large-scale mixed-use projects planned for Foster in the near term. We discussed the latest plans for the project at the west end of Foster, just next to Speedboat Coffee, earlier in the week. Times are a changing…
– Here’s your weekend entertainment:
Starday Tavern- Buzz Holland Band w/Paula Sinclair (6 pm) and The Amber Harlan Trio-It’s the Right Time (9 pm), Friday; Long Knife Record Release Party, Saturday at 10 pm
Day Theater– Portland Radio Project Pop-up Music Fest, Sunday 3 – 7 pm
Barrio- Live Music w/Coronation, Sunday at 2 pm