We hope you’ve all had a pleasant week, and have even more pleasant plans for the weekend. We won’t have the greatest weather—though, Sunday looks to be halfway decent—but, tis’ the season. Hopefully you all find something to get into in the neighborhood.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Now that we’re in November and folks start thinking about the holidays, please consider shopping locally for any gifts you may need to buy. The list of places to shop is quite impressive when you think about it, and you can get anything from kids’ toys to books; musical equipment to board games; gift certificates for food, booze and coffee; clothing; furniture; skate boards; music; art. And the list goes on.
– We learned this week that plans for a taproom at 6913 SE Foster have been scrapped. However, the space will still be utilized, and if executed well it could be a one-of-a-kind venue in Portland. Read more about it here.
– If you’re curious about the mixed-use, affordable housing development planned for SE 72nd and Foster, the developers and architect are holding a community meeting about the project this coming Wednesday at New Day Center for the Arts (5514 SE Foster), from 6:30 – 8:30 pm
– Have half a million dollars? Want a commercial building on Foster? Here you go.
– Calendar planning: Foster Area Tree Lighting, November 29
– Here’s your upcoming entertainment:
Starday Tavern- Buzz Holland Band with Paula Sinclair (6pm) and Space Beast, The Lo-Hi, Stars’ Blood (9pm), Friday; Turn back time with Alex Marine, Saturday at 9pm
NWIPA- Lagunitas Derbeer Derby, Saturday (4:20-7pm); Patch Patrol Cancer Fundraiser, Sunday (4-8pm)
Smart Collective- Millennial Falcon, Horse Movies, Dim Wit, Friday at 7pm