The rains and clouds will mostly part this weekend as a gift to you all—think 70’s, sun, and only a 10-20% chance of rain. Make the most out of it, folks, as there are definitely a few things to get into. Second Saturday Foster Art Walk, might we suggest?
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Based on the number of visits/reads our post earlier in the week received, we’ll assume you all are pretty pumped about a restaurant opening in the neighborhood. We are, too. Check out some of the early details about the presumed rebirth of Off the Griddle…or some iteration of it.
– Speaking of visits/reads, our survey from a couple weeks ago had 237 responses. We’ll aim to share the results next week.
– The big event this weekend is Second Saturday Foster Art Walk. We try to hype this event every month…hopefully it’s working. But if there’s a Second Saturday you don’t miss, this might be it. There are studios, galleries and other businesses sharing art and music from SE 52nd Avenue to SE 67th Avenue. Check it out (more info here). For a quick primer, know that you’ll be treated to some of the following: live music from multiple bands, several different mediums of art and craftwork, snacks, drinks, and a Star Trek themed concert (costumes encouraged). Do it, people.
– In addition to Foster’s Second Saturday Art Walk, several artists in the neighborhood are participating in PDX Open Studios, which is running this and next Saturday and Sunday. As we said, there are several artists on the tour who reside in the neighborhood. Get a map and support your local artists.
– A couple notes for the families out there: first, we neglected to add that Hammer & Jacks will be participating in the Second Saturday Art Walk (with a sidewalk sale and indoor activities); second, Hammer & Jacks will also be hosting a Halloween Party for kids 2 and under (space is limited, though). * We imagine their activities for Second Saturday won’t span as late into the evening as the other venues, so check with them on times.
– According to a recap of the Foster Area Business Association’s September board meeting, the Foster Streetscape is mostly on track. However, an update from PBOT included language that left open the possibility for delays. If you’re interested in the latest on the Streetscape Plan, PBOT project manager, Rich Newlands, will be presenting at the Foster-Powell Neighborhood Association’s meeting on Monday. This meeting is open to all; 6:30 – 8:00 pm at Foster Burger.
– Here’s your weekend entertainment:
Starday Tavern- Buzz Holland Friday Happy Hour (6 pm) and A FUNky Evening w/Mr. Musu (9:30 pm), Friday; Gin & Tillyanna, Saturday at 9 pm
Second Saturday Foster Art Walk- Various times, from SE 52nd to SE 67th. More info here.