Your weekend is here. And, at least for us, just in time. We have some mixed weather, some live music and entertainment, and plenty of places to eat, drink, and shop at. If you’ve got some time, might we suggest you do all of the above?
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– We learned more about the planned mixed-use development at 72nd and Foster this week. The four-story building will consist of 108 units of affordable housing in the top three floors; 10,000 square feet of street-level commercial space; health services; as much as 56 parking spaces; and some form of community space. The project is currently slated for Fall 2017 construction.
– We also learned this week that the western edge of Foster will get a book-end mixed-use project. We know even less about this proposed development (at 5045 SE Foster), but early proposals indicate a four-story building with apartments in the top three floors, with some amount of commercial space on the bottom floor. Combined with the “72 Foster” project, as well as the potential redevelopment of the Y-Arts property and a 30-unit proposal at 5816 SE Foster, the commercial corridor from SE 50th to 72nd could be netting a couple/few hundred units of housing in the near future.
– Portland Monthly just published their definitive list of neighborhood bars. Of the 76 they listed, Foster’s own Slingshot Lounge and O’Malley’s made the cut. Not bad for one street on the grimy fringes of Southeast Portland.
– If you’re at all interested in the Foster Transportation and Streetscape Plan, consider joining Commissioner Novik next week as he holds a “tour and discussion” about the plan. He’ll be coming to Foster to discuss the plan with neighbors….that’s you. Show up to support the plan or discuss concerns. He’ll start the “tour and discussion” at 5:30, Tuesday, 5/3, starting at the Portland Mercado. RSVP to Andrea Valderrama at email@example.com.
– Here’s your weekend (and beyond) entertainment:
FoPo Tavern- Ferociously (Fiercely?) Funny Fridays (standup comedy), 9 pm
Starday Tavern- The Butchers, Friday at 8 pm; How Long Jug Band, Saturday at 9 pm; Save Outdoor School Concert Series, Monday at 6 pm
NWIPA- Fremont Friday, 6 pm: Fremont Brewing takes over the neighborhood bottle shop…tasty beer, tasty food