Late Friday post, but not too late. We won’t be blessed with good weather this weekend, buuuut…once we make it through the next few days, we have consistent sun and steadily work our way into the 70s. And that trend continues through next week. So there’s that.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– This week we got to know neighborhood artist, Remedios Rapoport. (For the uninitiated, Remedios is responsible for the Tango Berretin mural.) Our own Lindsay Beeson caught up with Remedios and posted a nice writeup. Check it out here.
– Also this week, guest writer, Jon Connelly, shared his recap of a meeting he had with Euro Classic Furniture’s Jon Shleifer. It prompted a lot of commentary, which goes to show how significant of an issue Foster’s traffic conditions is to people. You can check out Jon’s piece and all the commentary here.
– As Spring brings drier and sunnier weather, we can’t help but to look forward to our Foster happy hours. On that note, we have the following to look forward to: an expanded patio at Bar Maven AND the soon-to-be Office Taproom. Bar Maven’s patio was recently torn down to make room for a bigger and better version within the next month; the Office Taproom aims to bring food and drink with the accompaniment of shuffle board next door to SMART Collective. Both should be rad additions to the neighborhood.
– Speaking of rad additions, the market-to-be next door to NWIPA is still in the works. Renovations are slow but ongoing, and the concept still remains a neighborhood market. No other details at this point, though.
– And speaking of slow-but-ongoing openings-to-be, Torta-landia’s Tequila bar is still in the works. Remember, they’ve taken over the storefront just south of the main restaurant (was it once an insurance agent’s office?) and plan to have a more intimate Tequila bar. Score one for that end of Foster.
– Karaoke at Da Hui Thursday nights. You should check it out. Just sayin….
– We’re short on news and happenings this Friday afternoon, so feel free to share any of your own.
– Here’s your weekend entertainment:
FoPo Tavern- Ferociously Funny Fridays (standup comedy) at 9 pm
SMART Collective- SPRINGBREAK music fest, Friday through Sunday. Check event page for more info
Portland Mercado- World Cup Qualifiers: Mexico vs Canada, Friday at 7 pm
Enjoy the weekend, all!