Happy Friday, folks. We hope your St. Paddy’s Day hangovers are manageable and that you’re primed for the weekend. We get a sun and warmth tease for most of Friday and Saturday, but then it’s back to rain Sunday and beyond. A bit of something for everyone…just like Foster.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– It just dawned on us how busy 2016 has been thus far. Since the new year, we’ve heard news of a taproom opening next door to SMART Collective, one of our new art galleries has opened an espresso bar, Euro Classic Furniture and all their lackeys have gone on an anti-Streetscape rampage, a third art gallery will soon be opening next to the already existing Latchkey Gallery, a 30-unit apartment building is being planned at (roughly) 58th and Foster, ROSE CDC is awaiting word on their proposed mixed-use development at 72nd and Foster, the old Softipper Dart space is being renovated into a market, and Foster just brought back a monthly art walk. Whoa!
– Oh, about that art walk…you can get a few pictures from the first Second Saturday here. And here’s a small blurb on the third and newest art gallery to be opening in the neighborhood.
– Just in time for the changing weather: Bar Maven is rebuilding its patio. An improved outdoor space for eating and drinking on Foster? Yes, please. Kudos to Bar Maven for improving an already rad spot.
– Get your “ecstatic dance” on at Performance Works NW this Friday evening.
– Fish and Chips? Clam Chowder? Say it ain’t so. The fallout from Division development frenzy, and the demise of A La Carts, has turned into a boon for Carts on Foster. Year of the Fish food cart recently opened at the cart pod, and they’ve joined Jurassic Cart for a one-two punch of rad food additions to the neighborhood. Swell.
– Here’s your weekend entertainment:
FoPo Tavern- Ferociously Funny Fridays (standup comedy) at 9 pm
Starday Tavern- Early Night Jams w/Pete Kartsounes (6 pm), St. Patrick’s Hangover w/Happy Fun Ball Band (9 pm), Friday; Deephaus feat. Kala & Semblance, Saturday at 9 pm
SMART Collective- Punk Rock, Math Rock, Hardcore and Sludge Metal with Akira, Pinnacles, Emim, and Saoloa, Friday (6 pm)
Enjoy the weekend, all. Let us know what we missed.