Now that we’ve worked our way through the better part of January, things are starting to pick up. Foster’s been a busy place over the last couple years, and that looks to continue moving forward. We’ve got live music, new businesses on the way, food pop-ups and more. Check it out, y’all…it’s your Foster.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– As we posted earlier in the week, the former Softipper space (6360 SE Foster, next-door to NWIPA) appears to have a tenant in place, and we’re starting to learn more about what will eventually fill that storefront. It seems pretty clear that we’ll be getting a market of some sort, and it could possibly be named Bread & Roses. After that, we’re unsure. One of our commenters spoke to a contractor working in the space, and they suggested a market / coffee shop of some fashion. I suppose we’ll find out soon enough.
– Just because: quick shout-out to Pieper Cafe.
– We dig us some O’Malley’s pizza, but we should mention that Ash wood fired pizza will be parking its truck outside of NWIPA on Saturday. They plan to serve up pepperoni, meat, margherita, and veggie pizzas outside while Sixpoint Brewing gets the tap-takeover treatment inside. 6 -9 pm.
– And while we’re talking about NWIPA, they’ll be hosting live music tonight with Foxy Lemon. Peep it! Music starts at 9 pm.
– OPB ran an article this week, Bridgetown Snow: A Photographic History, and we were treated to an historic photo of Foster Road. We’re not sure where on Foster, but if we’re to assume it’s in city limits, it can’t be too far from us.
– If you missed it earlier in the week, we profiled Leah Orndoff from Henry Higgins Boiled Bagels. Check it out here.
– Time to get you some Backstory Books. Art, yarn and, of course, books. Plus…story time for kids AND Portland oral history talk. Basically, something for everyone. See more in our “weekend entertainment” below.
– Weekend entertainment:
NWIPA- live music from Foxy Lemon, Friday at 9 pm; Sixpoint tap takeover with Ash wood fired pizza slangin’ on Foster, 6 – 9 pm
Starday Tavern- Bechill Bros perform Friday at 9 pm; Dan Moe brings Party Portal TV Live on Saturday (an audio/visual journey)
SMART Collective- Friday Showcase with live music (from Prom King, When We Met, and Ambush) and art by Ceylon Edison. Music starts at 6:30. $5 or free w/student ID.
Backstory Books- Story time for kids (focus on 5 and under), Saturday at 10:30; Sharing Portland oral histories (for the adults, mostly, and their parents), Saturday at 5:30.