Less than a week until Thanksgiving. It’s dark and bloody cold in the morning. And daylight seems to disappear shortly after lunch. It must be Winter’s early onset, which means shorter, colder and damper days. Yay!
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Maybe some of you have noticed, but Red Castle Games finally got its corner entryway. Several months after a drunk driver wrecked shop, literally, the neighborhood game store was recently able to pry away the plywood that had been covering the damage, now revealing the new doors and corner entrance.
– And speaking of fixes and upgrades, just a mont after replacing their own damaged windows—rumor has it “Crazy Eddie” may have inserted head into said window—Bar Maven, pending approval from the city, is working on a new patio and outdoor seating area. Fingers crossed there are no holdups with the permitting process.
– Foster’s two newest businesses are up and running after grand openings last week. Backstory Books (at 6010 SE Foster) is open Tuesday through Saturday, from 11 am to 6 pm. Two doors down (at 6004 SE Foster), Latchkey Gallery will be open Wednesday through Saturday, from 12 pm to to 6 pm. Check ’em out…and don’t forget to support your local businesses.
– NWIPA keeps pushing the tasty eats. Last week brought the second Stealth pop-up; this Saturday brings American Cocina featuring Wild Roots Farm. Think organic Pacific Northwest fare combined with a Tex-Mex flare. Grubbin’ starts at 5pm.
– Here’s your weekend entertainment:
FoPo Tavern- Ferociously Funny Fridays, stand-up comedy at 9pm
Starday Tavern- Johnny Vargo Band, Friday at 9; Amber Harlan Granmo Trio, Saturday at 9; Jankaraoke, Sunday at 9
NWIPA- American Cocina featuring Wild Roots Farm, Saturday at 5 pm
Portland Mercado- Apple Cider Press Party, Saturday from 10 am – 3 pm (proceeds benefit the Mt. Scott-Arleta Neighborhood Association)