Finally, the weekend. We’re just under a week from Halloween. We’ve got a little bit of sun, some rain, and a few fun events for you to check out.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– So this weekend marks the first of two with Fall/Halloween events in the neighborhood. There’s a cider festival at Carts on Foster, Masquerade Ball at Foster Row, and garden party at the FoPo Community Garden. Check out our weekend events listing at the bottom of this post for more details.
– While we’re hyping local events and places to go, here’s a quick reminder that Foster has regularly scheduled comedy, trivia, and live music during the week, too. As of now, you can get live comedy at Double Treble on Tuesdays, and at FoPo Tavern on Fridays. On the trivia front, you have Starday Tavern on Wednesdays, and O’Malley’s on Thursdays. As far as music goes, there’s live jazz at Bar Carlo every third Wednesday; reggae spinning at O’Malley’s every second Tuesday; and whatever assortment of jams they have at Double Treble.
– This week we noted several properties for sale (or recently sold) on Foster. There’s rumor another space could soon become vacant, though it’s strictly that: rumor. With that disclaimer out of the way, we’ve heard from multiple people that the auto shop at 65th and Foster (next to Starday Tavern) may soon be relocating. We don’t have confirmation, nor do we know what would become of the space. But we do know that it’s a prominent location in the Heart of Foster, so it’ll be worth following. If anybody else has information to share, please do.
-And for those who care, Use It Again thrift store (roughly at SE 58th) is closing. That’s one more potential retail space coming online soon.
– The new Woodstock New Seasons opened this week. That’s cool for them. What are you all doing for local and/or fresh and/or organic food in the neighborhood? Freddy’s, Kaah Market at the Mercado, Portland Fruit? And are folks looking forward to the WinCo that will someday open at 80th and Powell?
– It was a slow news week, so let us know what’s worth knowing and happening in the neighborhood.
– Here are your weekend happenings:
Starday Tavern- Matty Charles and Katie Rose / The Wilds, Friday at 9pm; Dunnoy with Moniker, Saturday at 9pm; Jankaraoke, Sunday at 9pm
FoPo Tavern- Ferociously Funny Friday, comedy at 9pm
Carts on Foster- Cider Fest (cider, meet the brewers, food specials), Saturday, from 11 am – 5 pm
Foster Row- Sinners and Saints Masquerade Party, Saturday from 6 pm – midnight
FoPo Community Garden- Fall Fest, Saturday from 4 – 8 pm
Have a good weekend, all. Be cool, be safe.