Man, already halfway through May. And lots going on lately in the ‘hood—from new businesses and proposed apartment buildings, to demolitions and steady rockin’ at the Portland Mercado. Things are active, Foster People.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– What did we learn this week? Homes are still selling like hot cakes in the 97206. I know it’s a good indicator of a “hot” neighborhood, but why is everyone leaving? (Just kidding.)In all seriousness, feelings are mixed on what this means. On one hand, real estate values are increasing. But on the other hand….real estate values are increasing. It’s a double-edged sword.
– Things are still oddly silent surrounding the potential sale of the Bob White Theatre. Who knows what, if anything? Anyone?
– You want to start a business in the “Heart of Foster?” There’s retail space available. And if you’re looking for a storefront to sell your wares (or whatever your business might be), there’s an opportunity to call Red Castle Games and Henry Higgins Bagels your neighbor. Here’s the Craigslist listing if you’re interested: 6418 SE Foster. Apparently Portland Ketchup is moving their office, which now opens the space for the next taker. What would make for a good addition?
– But there’s more. If it’s your very own bar you’re after, look no further than Starday Tavern across the street. According to the website, BizBuySell, the former Bob and Alice’s and now live-music-themed bar is for sale. It’ll only take a cool $100,000.
– Another all-ages show at SMART Collective. Tonight (Friday), from 5 – 8 pm, catch Blowout, Trashlord, Caregiver, and Sioux Falls for a mere $5, or free with student ID. Proceeds to benefit Live Again.
– More live music for the weekend:
O’Malley’s- Adam and the Molecules, Manx, Dr. Stahl, and the Misfortunes of Mr. Teal: Friday at 9 pm, $5.
Starday Tavern– Radio Wolf and The Lovely Lost, Friday; Raffa de Alaska, Deadliest Catch, Saturday
Enjoy the weekend, all. Be cool, be safe.