Foggy mornings, stunning sunny afternoons. I’ll take it. Though, I do wonder what becomes of our streams and rivers during the summer when there’s no snowmelt. Nonetheless, we hope you have a glorious weekend, Foster people. Oh, and happy Valentine’s Day.
Here are our weekend tidbits…
– The marketing team at the Portland Mercado sure knows how to tease us. If the vibrant colors covering their walls weren’t enough to get us excited, the slow, methodical announcement of future tenants/businesses in the space is definitely capturing our interest. We’ve already heard about Kaah Neighborhood Market and BarRio Wine and Bottle Shop. But since those announcements, a new future businesses/vendor has been announced every week. Check out the Mercado’s website to read more about the following businesses that will be setting up shop in the spring: Fiesta Tradicional (party items, such as pinatas), Que Bacano (culinary treats from Columbia), Fruit Box (tropical drinks and snacks), Tierra del Sol (traditional Oaxacan food).
– If you need a guitar, and you want to buy locally, you better hurry. This is Renaissance Guitar’s last weekend on Foster. They’ll be moving to new digs in just a couple days, so get in while you can.
– We found out that Midpoint Food and Drink will soon be offering food on the go through a newly installed sidewalk-facing window. In the same area (along SE 52nd), picnic tables will be added for more outdoor dining options. Cheers to that.
– Jeff “the wine guy” is back at N.W.I.P.A. this Sunday. The discussion and tasting session will cover wines from Spain. Snacks will also be included in the $25 session, with select bottles also for purchase.
– Big event at Foster Row this Saturday, as they celebrate their one-year anniversary, as well as the grand opening of Wolf & Rabbit Emporium. Read more about Foster Row (and the event) here.
– Who’s making their romance on Foster this Valentine’s Day? We want to hear what constitutes romantic on our gritty thoroughfare.
– Want to be the proud owner of an E-Cig shop, strip club, and old time steakhouse doubling as a lounge and sports bar? Here you go.
Starday Tavern- Blues Battalion, Friday; Los Estupidos, Saturday
Foster Row- For the Love of Making, Valentine’s Day Event, Saturday: music, food, dance, crafting (starting at 6pm)
Enjoy the weekend, all. Be cool, be safe.