Here we are again, the weekend ahead of us and the sun shining bright. Is it really winter out there? I guess climate change is real, after all. Well, enjoy it folks. Hopefully you all find something fun to get into this weekend.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Never a dull moment in FoPo: Federal agents bust illegal Portland-area gambling ring. Not that I expected the Lava Lounge to improve the profile of the little commercial plaza on SE Cora and 82nd, but I’m not sure I’d have assumed it was the center of an underground gambling operation either.
– Kidopolis PDX is closing. For the non-parents out there, you’re probably wondering what a ‘kidopolis’ is. (It’s ok, I still don’t really know.) And I guess you never will either, as they’ll be closing their Foster kid-zone in April. For the parents out there, bummer you lost a kid-friendly place to bring the wee ones.
– Neighborhood improvements galore: The Portland Mercado’s got a refreshing arrangement of colors proclaiming its impending completion and spring opening, AND the Phoenix Pharmacy will see its mural installed this weekend. Fun times on Foster…or, at least, colorful times.
– Surely you can watch the Super Bowl anywhere this Sunday. And surely every bar on Foster with a TV will accommodate, too. But you can also catch the game at the Bob White Theatre if you so choose. Big Screen Super Bowl Party.
– The Sun Times compiled a list of great places to get a taco in Portland. Making the top 5? Foster’s own Nayar Taqueria. Kudos to Eliseo and his wife, who’ve made quick friends of the neighborhood.
– Weekend music:
Starday Tavern– Metropolitan Farms and the Zags, Friday; Alki Jones, Saturday
Gemini Lounge– Nicole Campbell and Paul Lesinski Music, Saturday
Have a nice weekend, y’all. Be cool, be safe.