We hope you all had a grand Halloween. Now we have our sights on Thanksgiving. (Unless you’re a department store, and you’re completely honed in on Christmas.) Bear with us as we do the obligatory “what are you thankful for” and “best of 2014” posts.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– I guess we’ll just get right to it. As we inch closer to Thanksgiving, it might be fun to share what the Foster area makes us (and you) thankful for. We’ll start: we’re thankful for the handful of rad business owners that have taken a chance on the rough-around-the-edges-but-ripe-with-potential thoroughfare. Now you go…
– Now that pot’s legal, we figure we’d share the Willamette Week’s review of a newish dispensary on Foster: Shango. And of course, we all now know that Smokey’s is a dispensary-to-be, too. Ahead of the game, we are, huh?
– Did anybody see Rusted Root last weekend at The Bobwhite?
– Despite what you’ve heard, crime is down in the neighborhood. Or at least that’s what crime stats say when comparing this year to last. Why do we share this? It seems like the common perception is that crime is up in the neighborhood, which tends to make folks more unsettled and less at ease in their neighborhood. Yes, we still deal with asshole bike thieves and meth heads who scour the ‘hood, but less than we have in the past. Be cautious—even be vigilant—but let’s not do the fear mongering thing.
– If you’ve got local news to share, feel free to let us know. Just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Live music and other happenings in the ‘hood.
Torta- Steve Cheseborough, Friday; Rogue Bluegrass Band, Saturday
Starday Tavern- Stoneface Honey, Friday; Pretty Gritty, Saturday
Gemini- ABC DJs Ashby Scaggs, Brian Todd and Cee White, Saturday
Bobwhite Theatre- Rock Night, Friday: Heavy Metal (at 6pm) and Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii (8pm)
Bar Maven- Gilgamesh Brewery Tap Takeover, Friday at 7
NWIPA- Fun Italian Wines, Saturday (4-6); Bruery Tasting, Monday (6-9)
Have a good weekend, all. Be cool, be safe.