Well then. The arrival of steady rain has not been brief. Let’s hope we get a break tonight for the kiddies. By the way…November. Yeah, it’s here. Crazy. Happy Halloween, folks.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– We’ve tried to keep a running tab on all the Foster-related Halloween happenings. Check it out, here. You’ll find something at Bar Maven, O’Malley’s, N.W.I.P.A., Torta-landia, The BobWhite, and more.
– In addition to the bars and BobWhite Theatre, Red Castle gets into the spirit, too, with their Locally Made Game Fair. Tonight, from 6 – 10 pm. Check out locally-made games, sport your costumes, and get in on some raffle action.
– For the civic-minded of you, or those just interested in city planning and/or how our commercial corridors will/should evolve in the future, there are a couple of meetings next week of interest. First, the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability is hosting a concepts workshop for the Mixed Use Zones Project. This is an opportunity to provide feedback on how our commercial centers get re-zoned to allow for more sustainable development. You have two chances to attend (click the above link for more info). Similarly, if you want to discuss the future improvement of 82nd Avenue, there’s a town hall meeting on November 6, at 6:30 pm, which is designed to raise awareness on the needs of 82nd, as well as the current and future efforts to address them. It’ll also be a good way to check out the new SE PCC campus (more info linked above).
– In response to the news about Smokey’s making way for a medical marijuana dispensary, there’s a good conversation going on about the merits of Foster’s “Red Light District.” Feel free to chime in.
– Don’t forget to check out the November calendar of events at the BobWhite. There are some fun movies being played. Yeah, November…what the hell.
– Weekend live entertainment:
Foster-wide (this captures most it)– Halloween happenings
Gemini Lounge- DJ Encrypted, Saturday night
Devil’s Point- Halloween Costume Contest, Friday at 11:30 pm
Starday Tavern- TBD
Have a good weekend, all. Be cool, be safe.