just over a week a few days away. That means we get to watch ‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’ a few more times, and maybe suffer (tolerably) through some old school Jamie Lee Curtis a little longer. While I invariably revert back to childhood and relive that charm, some have other ideas of how to enjoy the day (and the days leading up to it): turn the porch lights off and humbug it, bob for apples, carve pumpkins, take the little ones trick-or-treating, or have some adult fun.
Here’s our attempt to keep you in the neighborhood, whatever it is you end up doing. This will be a running list of Halloween activities in the ‘hood. Add any events or local traditions you wish to share.
* Trick-or-Treat: if you want to skip the chance of getting party-pooper homes on your candy route, check out this map by NextDoor.com. It maps out which homes will be handing out candy, though it only includes those who shared that information online; by no means is it all encompassing. Feel free to sign up and add your home if you haven’t already.
* Halloween eve scary movie: The BobWhite Theatre gets into the spirit with a showing of ‘Friday the 13th.’ This will be on Thursday, October 30, with multiple show times.
* More BobWhite: Rusted Root and World’s Finest Halloween Bash. Yes, that Rusted Root. This show brings together multiple bands, starting at 8:30 and going into the late night / early morning. Costumes are encouraged.
* N.W.I.P.A., “Bands, beer and fear:” Dan’s Death Metal B-Day and Evil Twin Tap Takeover. It’s what it sounds like. Kim Jong Grillin will be setting up shop outside with food starting at 7:30; bands start at 10 pm.
* FoPo Fall Fest at the Foster-Powell Community Garden. All sorts of family/halloweeny/fall fun. More info here. (This happened already.)
* Bar Maven: Halloween Costume Party. Food and drink specials, DJ, jello shots, and costume party. Fun starts at 9 pm.
* O’Malley’s: The Bio-Exorcist Show, Halloween night. Rock N Roll Monster Show with Advisory and Breaker! Breaker!
Again, this is a running list. So add what you will and share what you’re doing.