It’s our first Fall weekend, and it’s a big one. Fun on Foster returns after a rainy, one-year hiatus, and the Bobwhite will get a big birthday bash for its 90th. Oh, plus sun. Two days of it. Enjoy, folks.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– As we mentioned above, there are two big happenings on Foster this weekend: Fun on Foster and The Bob White Theatre 90th Birthday Bash. The weekend-long event at the Bob White begins tonight, with a series of concerts running through Sunday and culminating with a free community-party and cake cutting for Bob at the end of the weekend. Remember that the theatre’s success will ultimately rely on neighborhood support. So if you’re interested in live music, get some tickets and swing by this weekend.
– As for Fun on Foster, many of you may already know the deal. But if not, here’s the quick rundown: Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; vendors in Laurelwood Park and on sidewalks dotted along Foster, starting at SE 50th, with most concentrated between SE 60th and 67th; live music (lineup below) from 11a-5p on SE 60th, between Meticon and Torta; classic car show at Junior Achievement, SE 79th; Disney Radio show at Dutch Brothers; Cartober Fest at Carts on Foster.
– In addition to the above, An Xuyen will be offering samples of their baked goods; S.M.A.R.T. Collective skate shop will be having an anniversary part with live music, art, video, a barbecue, and raffle between noon and 7 p.m; and there’s rumor N.W.I.P.A. may be slingin’ Salt and Straw ice cream outside the shop.
– Oh, speaking of our beloved bottle shop, the Oregonian included N.W.I.P.A. in its list of
“10 Best Beer Bars” in Portland. Check it out: here.
– Green Noise Records will make their move to the neighborhood official next week, opening on Tuesday I believe.
Bob White- 90th Birthday Bash, live music Friday through Sunday
Torta- Dennis Elmer, Friday; David Kelley, Saturday
Starday- Country and Western Honky Tonk with the HoneyCuts, Friday
Gemini- Amber Harlan Granmo Jazz Trio, Saturday
Bar Carlo- Sweet Reggae Sundays w/DJ Margo, from 5-10 pm
NWIPA- Pen and Ink art exhibit and reception, Saturday at 7pm; live music following–The Blood Valley Boys and Waldteufel–at 9pm
Performance Works NW- Alchemy:: Alembic Artists Showcase (PDX A.I.R.), Friday, Saturday and Sunday, starting at 8pm
S.M.A.R.T. Collective- Anniversary party from 12 – 7 p.m., Saturday: live music, video, art, and a barbecue
Fun on Foster, Main Stage at SE 60th- The Amazing SoundCheckers, 11-12; Jan Hutchison, 12-1; John Rankin, 1-2; Chris Baron, 2-3; Woody Moran, 3-4; Ann Weiss, 4-5
Have a good weekend, all. Be cool.