Foster To Get Record Store. Maybe.

Ok, first Nayar and O’Malley’s give themselves a bit of a facelift. Then Renaissance Guitars sets up shop in the hood. The Bobwhite gets sold and subsequently lined up to start showing movies. Then Red Castle Plaza—formerly known as Foster Plaza—gets the wheels moving on a major renovation to restore its original facade (and get rid of the god forsaken monstrosity of an awning in the process).

All this within the last six months. (The list gets quite long if we go back further.)

Now?

Add record shop to the list. Maybe. Probably.

I heard it from someone who heard it from someone. You know how that goes. And my heart’s been broken before. But…

There’s this, straight from the source:
“I’ve promised not to disclose the exact address just yet, but Green Noise Records has a new location. It’s in Foster-Powell, about a 5 minute (tops) drive from our current spot.”

Ok, who really has record players? I don’t. I may never go in there. (That’s for dramatics, I totally will.) But when I imagine John Cusack and Jack Black hanging out listening to tunes, I can’t help but to get giddy over a record store moving into the neighborhood. Oh, and just ’cause I don’t have a record player doesn’t mean you don’t. Or someone you know. The fact is, they probably do. And there are enough people in Portland who definitely do.

So Green Noise Records moving to the neighborhood is a good thing. Definitely a good thing. If it happens, that is.

* We’re talking records, not record players. Buy more music, guys.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Foster To Get Record Store. Maybe.

1. Spiffy says:

Green Noise moving in would be awesome… they rocked at Clinton/26th but have been hiding at Gladstone/39th for too long… Foster would be good exposure for them and help bring some good music to the area…

2. Tim says:

Woot! I only buy records. Sweet!

3. Aaron says:

That’s a good thing. Uh, they’re not limited to vinyl, right?

Although this old-school reader does have a record player — albeit one with a busted motor.

4. Matthew says:

My money is on the 6420 spot of Red Castle Plaza, er, Foster Plaza.

5. Gray Wolf says:

Besides records, they have a large selection of CD’s and tapes. Green Noise is also the home of Dirt Nap records which puts out some of the best punk / garage shit around. The owner of that building on Gladstone has now forced out two businesses. Eventually, an Olive Garden will force out Shut Up and Eat. Good on FoPo for scooping this up.

6. Sarah says:

Ooooh, fingers and toes quietly and hopefully crossed, that would be fantastic and really fit in! Though if this does happen we’ll have to expand current amount of vinyl storage at our house.

7. Franny says:

Woot! What awesome news!

8. 62ndgarden says:

We love our records in this house! Bring it!

9. PWNW says:

Yes! We love our vinyl.

10. The Variety Store on the corner of Foster & Powell has all kinds of vinyl! if you haven’t checked them out, you definitely should!! I didn’t even know about Green Noise, I will have to check them out now regardless. That’s exciting — one can never have too many record stores nearby

11. Angi says:

Yessssssssssss!

12. Pingback: Happy Weekend, Foster People! | Foster-Powell. A neighborhood blog.