The weekend is here. You don’t have many left with sun, heat, and glorious Foster vibes. Make it happen, y’all.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– The Bobwhite Theatre will be celebrating its 90th birthday with a weekend-long party in September. We’ll get a little more in depth down the road, but for now we just want you to mark your calendar. Parts of the event will be free; parts will be kid-friendly; some will be to celebrate the community; and the rest will be to have a good time.
– Tired of nuisance properties? File a report with the city. We are no stranger to households that serve as part scrap-metal-collection center and/or drug house, are boarded up, have broken down vehicles scattered across the property, or obvious unsafe/unsightly conditions. It’s a quick process to let the city know. And in many cases the city will enforce its nuisance codes. Here’s where you go: Report a Problem.
– Carts on Foster has a new food truck: Operation Wings. Yes, Foster finally gets its wing spot.
– Sweet Reggae Sundays commences this weekend (Sunday, duh) at Bar Carlo. From 5-10 p.m., there will be DJs playing reggae and hip hop, drink specials (alcoholic and non), a sidewalk BBQ, and a fundraiser for “Back To School Fresh,” a non-profit for inner-city students.
– If you want to build something or need a storefront for your business, a couple spaces came onto the market. One is for rent, one for sale. Peep it.
– Weekend music and events:
Starday Tavern — Pretty Gritty, featuring Keller Williams, Friday at 9 pm; Spanish Rock and Roll from Perros Olividados, Saturday
Torta— David Kelley, Friday at 7 pm; Lew Jones Trio at 7pm, Saturday
Gemini— Finn Doxie at 8 pm, Friday; Amber Harlan Granmo, Saturday night
O’Malley’s— Metal on Foster, Saturday night
Foster Row— Saturday Morning Cartoons (from 11 am-2 pm) and Bubble Cats and Summer Eyes (starting at 8 pm)
Enjoy the weekend, folks. Be cool, be safe.