Ok, temperatures are coming down a bit and there’s much to do in the ‘hood this weekend. Almost too much. But that’s a good problem to have. Hopefully you’ll be around to enjoy some of it.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– The Portland Mercury released their reader survey of “most underrated” and “best of” nearly everything Portland, and Foster made a decent showing (though, none were that surprising). First up, Foster Burger was ranked as the third best burger joint; Red Castle Games was the fourth favorite game shop; N.W.I.P.A. made number seven for favorite bottle shop; Devil’s Point scored second best for best strip club and fifth for most loved karaoke bar; Fat Yoga ranked fifth for favorite yoga studio. If only they had a ranking for favorite chop shop and/or scrap metal collection–it would have been a clean sweep.
– Foster Art Night is this Saturday. And it’s going to be a good one. No, for real. Make it out. Here’s a primer: Foster Art Night Goes Big. In addition to an awesome art exhibit at N.W.I.P.A. and a dance/music/video extravaganza at Performance Works NW, other participating bars will have live music and plenty of libations. So, again, make it out.
– If you like kickball, Kern Park is your spot this Sunday. If you like representing your neighborhood, even better. Foster-Powell takes on Lents in an old school game of kickball, from 2 – 4 p.m. And I guess my persistent pirate references gave us an official anointing: we will be the FoPo Pirates. High fives to anyone who wears an eye patch, pirate hat, or hand hook. Double high five (high ten?) for anyone that comes with a parrot on their shoulder.
– Free trees for FoPo. Get ’em while they last.
– Foster Row will be celebrating the grand opening of their retail and collaborative work space next Saturday, 7/26. Join them for music, food, drink, open studios, video, and raffles. 7- 10 pm at the new space, 5300 SE Foster Road.
– Other music and events this weekend:
Bobwhite Theatre- Fifth Anniversary Show of Repo! The Genetic Opera, 10 p.m. tonight (Friday)
Starday Tavern- Country Western with Matty Charles and Katie Rose, Friday; Rockabilly with Billy Dwayne, The Creepers, and Shuggie B Goode, Saturday
Torta- Ben and Meir, Friday; Green Carts w/Anonymous, Saturday
Be cool, folks. Enjoy the weekend.