So, uh, it’s gonna get hot this weekend. And progressively so. Today we’ll hit 94 degrees; 98 by Sunday. Then we’ll be hovering at a cool 99 on Monday and Tuesday. We like summertime in FoPo, but appreciate the beach and/or river that much more. If you decide to endure the heat, though, Foster does have you covered. Here’s where cool, outside patios and air conditioned bars and coffee shops come into play.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Who needs Foster bike bells? Ok, need is irrelevant–who wants a Foster bike bell? $10 a pop. Proceeds make your neighborhood rad.
– Tonight is the Hopworks tap takeover at Bar Maven. From 5-9, get free beer, cheap beer, food samples, and beer swag. Done.
– Here’s another call for help at the Foster Powell Community Garden. Today and tomorrow, from 10 am – 2 pm, help with weeding, laying mulch, assembling raised beds, and general site-prettying. Oh, and it’s Vicki Wilson’s birthday…so she’d really love to see you all there.
– If Vicki and her husband, John, weren’t doing enough already, they’re now embarking on another “Let’s make the neighborhood awesomer” campaign. Peep this: http://fosterwindowproject.wordpress.com/ So, yeah, go celebrate Vicki’s birthday at the community garden and offer a hand.
– Speaking of neighborhood awesome-ification, Wild Lilac will be working with Depave and a host of volunteers to transform their parking lot into a community garden and new entryway into the program. The depaving takes place tomorrow, from 10 am – 2:30 pm.
– Live music for the weekend:
Gemini Lounge- Coloring Electric Like, Friday; Ashby Scaggs, Cee White and Brian Todd hold it down Saturday night
Torta-landia- Livi Yiu, Friday; Ann Krueger, Saturday
Starday Tavern- The HoneyCuts perform Friday; Lone Madrone does their thing Saturday night
Enjoy the weekend, folks. Be cool, be safe.