Well that was a toasty little stretch. A glimpse of things to come? Not so fast, we still have a real spring yet. More moderate weather (hint: cooler and wetter) is on the way. Hopefully you all find something to get into this weekend.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– The joint-FoPo and Mt. Scott-Arleta neighborhood cleanup is this weekend. Saturday to be precise. 9 am – 2:30 pm to be more precise. Drop off your junk at Arleta School (66th and Mitchell), leave $10 for a good cause, and feel better about your life.
– If you’ve been keeping tabs on the Portland Mercado, Thursday, May 15, is the day you’ve been waiting for. Celebrate the public market’s ground-breaking and design engagement with the community. Community = you. Engagement = food and all the spicy details about the Mercado and what it will look like. Make sure to RSVP if you’re interested.
– Just as a reminder to folks who like to hit up the Foster bars on weeknights: O’Malley’s hosts a jazz night every first and third Monday, and Starday hosts comedy night every Monday.
– Are you celebrating National Star Wars Day? So is Bar Carlo, as they play the original trilogy back to back for the occasion. May 4th if you didn’t already know. 5:30 is go time.
– Happy Cinco de Mayo in advance. There’s rumor that Nayar Taqueria may have some extra festive decor and perhaps a margarita special. Maybe more, but you’ll have to check with them.
– Music for the weekend:
Starday Tavern- The HoneyCuts, Friday; Joseph DeMaree and the Sunbeams, Saturday
Gemini Lounge- DJ Encrypted, Saturday
Torta-landia- Didiah Kaine, Friday; Eric Vanderwall, Saturday
Have a safe weekend, all.