Just as we prepare to jump into March, we get a sweet little treat in the form of 60-degree weather. And maybe a bit of sun! Oh, glory…if you weren’t but a tease. Rain, rain, and more rain after that. And back out comes the SAD lamp.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– We know our little corner of SE Portland is pretty rad, but we didn’t know the ‘Right 2 Dream Too’ folks would consider heading our way (though, who wouldn’t?). As reported in the Oregonian, a lot at 51st and Powell is on the list of 22 potential sites being considered for their relocation.
– Fat Yoga is starting a new intro series this Monday. Get in while you can.
– Foster Row, the budding designer collective at 53rd and Foster, is getting another addition to their corps of artists and general makers: welcome, Darling Press…we look forward to seeing your stationary and letterpress goods.
– DePave will be working on two projects in the neighborhood this summer: one for a community garden at Wild Lilac’s early childhood development center (74th and Center), the other for green space at the future Portland Mercado (72nd and Foster).
– For the bus riders out there, TriMet will be increasing midday service on the 14-Hawthorne and 9-Powell Blvd starting Monday.
– Music and happenings this weekend:
* Torta-landia- Eric Vanderwall performs Friday
* Starday Tavern- Ride Red Apple plays Friday; The HoneyCuts do the honky tonk on Saturday
* Space Monkey will be celebrating three years under current ownership this Saturday, from 6 pm – 9 pm; drinks, art, new/old friends
* Gemini Lounge- Blues Battalion plays Saturday night
* N.W.I.P.A.- Triple IPA fest, Saturday evening
* BobWhite- White Light dance party, Friday