This will be the last weekend-tidbitter for 2013. From here, we’ll be rounding out our Christmas wish list and adding a few other holiday and New Year’s morsels. We hope you’re all getting into the holiday spirit, whatever holiday you celebrate. If any. And that would be fine, too.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Don’t forget to grab your “Foster Love” bicycle bells. They make good stocking stuffers and benefit the Mt. Scott-Arleta and Foster-Powell Neighborhood Associations. In addition to Meticon Bikes and The Crafty Underdog Shop, you can now get them at Pieper Cafe. And you should be going there anyway, so pick up your bike bell when you do.
– Raven Ink Tattoo is moving. Not far, though. Currently inhabiting the space above Da Hui and Pieper Cafe (yes, that’s why the large letters, TATTOO, are in the windows), Raven Ink will be relocating to the former Somaphile space…exactly one floor down and one door over.
– Don’t forget to check on your favorite businesses’ holiday schedule. Some are changing their hours, closing early, or taking a few days off (they need breaks, too).
– The Stakeholder Advisory Committee met this Wednesday to discuss the recent Foster Streetscape Open House. The result of open house and online surveys reflects a strong preference for PBOT’s recommendation of a “road diet.” The main conflict is whether to extend bike lanes on Foster from SE 56th to SE 52nd—where a future north/south bikeway will be constructed—or zig-zag the bike route north and west (at SE 56th) through the neighborhood. If bike lanes remain on Foster for that stretch, there would be some loss of parking but a more continuous bike route.
– Another item of note from the meeting: a draft funding scenario reflecting the current $5.25 million budget. The items listed in the budget are a rough approximation, as are the costs tied to them. Those toward the bottom of the list carry less priority and are more subject to change if other project costs go over budget. Notice that trees and lighting are near the bottom. Hopefully they don’t get axed.
– Get your live music at the regular spots this weekend. Of interest: Starday Tavern breaks from its usual Americana-Rockabilly-Psychadellic-Surf-Blue Grass with a reggae-funk-soul show on Saturday.
– N.W.I.P.A. will be having a holiday social for the locals this Monday, from 6-8 pm. If you live in the neighborhood, head in for some mingling and holiday cheer. One free drink will be provided, as well as light snacks. If that’s not swell, I don’t know what is.
– Oh, for those of you with a love-hate relationship with the New Seasons empire: Woodstock will be home to the next outpost. Yes, that’s in addition to the eventual arrival of Green Zebra Grocery, who will now be less than 10 blocks away when both are built. At least we have Paldo Market.
Be cool, people.