Well, the streets look decidedly whiter this morning than they did before going to bed last night. One of the perks of subfreezing temperatures, I suppose. Probably the only perk, because it’s otherwise been downright uncomfortable. It’ll be in the teens this weekend, so bundle up.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– PBOT unveiled their recommendation for Foster’s new Streetscape Plan last night, and there was a good turnout. While this was mostly a formality since they and the stakeholder advisory committee have agreed to move the plan forward, there was still room for public feedback before submitting the plan to city council. As it looks now, Foster will get the safer traffic conditions, improved crossings, and beautification many have been hoping for.
– More laughs for Foster: This was tried once before at O’Malley’s, now Starday Tavern’s gonna give it a go. “Laugh Yer Ass Off” comedy night—Mondays at 8 p.m. Don Frost kicks off the first of the series this Monday, 12/9. Boomer, where you at?
– More love for An Xuyen. Check out this piece from Eater Pdx. If you don’t already know what time it is, this place is a gem.
– Who’s lighting up the neighborhood for the holidays? You can keep track on Nextdoor.com’s Foster-Powell page (I’m sure they have one in MSA, too). Peacock Lane, here we come.
– Grocery alert! This was pointed out by one of our readers a couple weeks ago—apparently WinCo is eyeing the former Food 4 Less site at 82nd and Powell. Probably not the specialty grocer most people are hoping for, but at least it shows an interest exists in bringing another market to the neighborhood.
– Live music for the cold (very cold) weekend…
* The Apollo Four will be at Starday Tavern tonight (Friday), starting at 9 p.m. Here’s what you’ll be in for: “Surf. Spy. Lounge. Action & Adventure. If there was a jukebox at the Secret Agent Go-Go Lounge at Cape Canaveral, it would sound like the Apollo Four!”
* Finn Doxie will be performing at Gemini Lounge Saturday, 9 p.m.
* Robert Richter holds it down at Torta tonight; Pending Black gets the bill on Saturday
– Oh, and don’t forget the Firestone Walker 17th Anniversary and Ugly Sweater Party at N.W.I.P.A. this coming Tuesday, 12/10, from 6-9 p.m.
Have a good weekend, gang. Let us know if we missed anything.