Here it is, your weekend. Much needed and welcomed. Stay dry out there, Foster. And keep us posted on any other events and/or happenings in the ‘hood.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– This week we learned that Hacienda CDC was awarded over $200,000 in grant money for the Portland Mercado project at SE 72nd and Foster. That makes the status of the project that much more secure, and hopefully the long-vacant lot gets developed sooner than later. Folks are definitely excited for what’s to come.
– We also learned that armed robbery does not necessarily earn the big bucks, nor are armed robbers the most opportunistic. Case in point: Monday’s heist of the Foster Dollar Tree.
– Bar Carlo will combine local musicians and the artists behind Craft Night SE for a night of “musical improvisation.” The Friday night event, dubbed Mammoth in Space, will feature several musicians, films and projections, tarot readings, and a live creation of large scale artwork. Tonight, 8 p.m..
– Speaking of Bar Carlo, the word is no more dinner on Wednesday’s. You may want to confirm with them, but it sounds as if they’ll close at 3 p.m. for a mid-week break, with the rest of their schedule looking the same.
– Congrats to N.W.I.P.A. for making SeriousEats’ list of Best Bottle Shops in Portland. This isn’t anything we don’t already know, but it’s always nice to see a neighborhood spot get the kudos they deserve.
– The Bob White hosts a party Saturday night for the 16-and-over crowd. It’s your chance to relive your youth, Foster (or not). As per the event listing: “Come lose yourself in the White Light at the Bob White…20,000 Watts of sound, visual effects, and killer lighting…” Saturday, 6 pm to midnight, if any of you want to chaperone the young’ns.
– Speaking of the Bob White, some of our readers have shared their thoughts on the space and its recent ramping up of events. Some are happy the theater/warehouse is active and being used; others are not too pleased with how the space is managed and what kind of events are thrown. Add to the conversation—we want to know what you think.
Have a good weekend and, as always, let us know what we’ve missed.