We hope you all got your “monster mash” on last night. Or at least stayed up late enough for a Great Pumpkin sighting. Now that Halloween’s come and gone, we have less than a month to eat leftover candy and get ready for the next festive binge. That’s right, Thanksgiving is not that far away. Eesh.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Sure, trick-or-treating may be done, but you can still get into the Halloween spirit. Torta-landia decided parties are best celebrated on a weekend, thus Saturday’s 3rd Annual Halloween Party. Starting at 7 pm: music by Thoze Guyz, pumpkin carving, food and drink specials, costume contest, giveaways, and a pinata. All ages are welcome.
– Last week we learned that PBOT is officially on board with reducing traffic lanes and adding bike facilities to Foster. And the Stakeholder Advisory Committee voted to approve their recommendation. Now, the Bicycle Transportation Alliance has offered some reserved kudos to the plan in a nod to its offering of improved safety and 6-foot bike lanes. The BTA originally advocated for a separated cycletrack, but they acknowledge the traditional bike lanes will indeed be a benefit to the city’s biking network, as well as the safety of area residents.
– The Blazers lost their first game of the season; that puts them on pace to go 0-82. Surely that won’t happen. But you can see for yourself at Bar Maven, as they welcome you to watch all games there.
– Mixed Martial Arts, anyone? The New Day Theater does more than Zumba and Sunday church. Add MMA to the list. With Foster Fitness, Defense Arts NW, and Capoeira all within walking distance, there’s a growing cluster of physical fitness and martial arts in the neighborhood.
– Why aren’t you going to Starday Tavern? Seriously? I get the whole Bob and Alice’s stigma, but that’s not good enough…especially if you like live music. If you’re into rockabilly, you can turn a new leaf tonight with the Twangshifters and Deke Dickerson.
– More weekend entertainment: Cabaret Boris and Natasha at Performance Works NW.
As always, let us know what we missed. Be cool, be safe.