Sun, sun, sun. It’s almost too good to be true. Take advantage of it while you can, folks. Garden, sidewalk dining/drinking, a stroll through the ‘hood. All of the above? Make it happen.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– The Foster Streetscape Plan may soon be a thing. No, not just a fantasy; not some plan that was concocted years ago with no city follow through (well, that happened…but they finally came around 10 years later). It’s a real thing. And with funding this time, too. PBOT just has to present its formal recommendation for a street configuration, and the Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) has to vote on it. One of those steps *may* happen this coming Wednesday, October 23. The SAC is set to hold its 10th meeting to discuss cross-section alternatives, and it’s quite possible PBOT will share their recommendation to the group. If this is the case, I’m sure there will be a back and forth between the car/speed lovers and livability/safety advocates. Ultimately, though, a vote would presumably take place at the following meeting, where the SAC gets their say. Wednesday’s meeting takes place at SE Works, from 6-8 pm. More to unfold…
– Foster Art Night is this weekend. Just out of curiosity, what does that mean to you? Is it really an art walk? More of a pub crawl? Should there be more art? Do you even go? Thoughts?
– FYI, the Bob White is not the only performance venue in the neighborhood. Performance Works NW has been active for years, and they continue to put on show after show. In a couple weeks, for example, Cabaret Boris and Natasha bring a weekend of “performance riffing on notions of alternate personae, imposters, disguises & cover versions.” Check out their schedule of events and support the arts locally. Oh, and you can read more about PNW and its founder, Linda Austin, here.
– Hookah, hookah, hookah. Get your puff on at Bar Maven, as their hookahs arrive on Saturday for your smoking pleasure.
– Speaking of Bar Maven, they’re getting into the Halloween spirit with an All Hallow’s Eve party on Saturday, 10/26, and a Halloween party on Thursday, 10/31. More on those events later.
– Big tasting at N.W.I.P.A. on Monday. If you like beer, you’ll like Brewpublic’s Killer IPA tasting. See you at 5 pm.
– For the community-minded gardeners out there: the FoPo community garden will be having its first garden committee meeting this Saturday, from 4-5. The weather should be fantastic, so that may be reason enough. If you have any interest, just show up.
Have a good weekend, all. And as always, let us know what we missed.