And it happened. Thunder, lightening and, now….rain. Hope you all got your fill of sun this summer. The good news: we get some of it back this weekend, with a forecast of 80 degrees on Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy!
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Gemini Lounge is turning two, and they’re celebrating tonight…with you, of course. The sultry Amber Harlan Granmo performs live, and sliders and signature cocktails will be $2.00 off. Make it happen.
– It’s almost a well-kept secret at this point, but Fun on Foster will be happening this year. Or so I hear. There’s been very little promotion of the yearly event, but, ironically, the Foster Area Business Association has posted the following tips for success for the event, as well as for promoting local businesses: FABA’s “tips for success.” Oh, and the event…that’s on September 28.
– The Foster-Powell Community Garden continues to make strides and collect a ton of love. The Oregon Tradeswomen donated their time to build a shed at the site last week, and The Sellwood Bee recently ran an article about the community effort. Well done, Vicki et al.
– Here’s your three-week lineup for Wednesday night movies at Bar Carlo (starts at 8:30 pm):
9/11 Godzilla vs. Monster Zero (1966)
9/18 Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964)
9/25 Attack of the Monsters (aka Gamera vs. Guiron, 1969)
– If you’re the civic-minded type, or just have an interest in neighborhood goings-on, Monday’s FoPo Neighborhood Association meeting should be a good one. Among other agenda items, there will be a look at the Laurelwood Park Vision and Mater Plan, and a presentation from the folks behind “Ne Si’ka – Food From the Heart,” who are looking to bring their “pay what you can” restaurant concept to the neighborhood.
– As always, get more live music at Torta and Starday on Friday and Saturday…and word is, Torta has some new menu items.
Have a good weekend, Foster…and let us know of any other happenings in the neighborhood. Be cool, be safe.