I was pretty ok with that dose of gray and wet yesterday. We may get another, but then it’s back to hot. Hopefully tolerably hot, though. We also hope you have a thing or two lined up for the weekend, and if so…enjoy.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– August 5-11 is Portland Burger Week, or so says the Merc. And to play along, several Portland restaurants will be showcasing their own custom-crafted burger and making them available for cheap—five bucks (if you consider that cheap). Foster Burger gets to participate, and they’ll be showing off the Kimcheeseburger, a mix of beef, bacon, kimchee, pepper jack cheese, spicy cilantro aioli, and buns from An Xuyen. Daaammmn!
– This is happening (————————>) …and I sorta can’t wait.
– New food cart on Foster: Local Girls Hawaiin Shave Ice and Grill. Seems like a mouthful—even an acronym is lengthy—but the shave ice looks good, and traditional Hawaiin dishes (yes, Spam) do, too. Pay ’em a visit.
– Speaking of Spam and Foster food carts (huh?), the two merge in a couple weeks for…yes, a celebration of Spam, aptly dubbed, Spam A La Cart. We’ll let you guys be the judge of that one.
– Also in a couple weeks (just to keep on your radar), N.W.I.P.A. will be celebrating one year on Foster. I never thought my palate could tolerate so much hops, but the guys over there changed all that. And to think it’s only been a year. Happy Birthday to be, gang. Celebrate with them on August 17 with food, music, ice cream, and beer.
– Friday night music: Jive Coulis performs at Gemini; Rogue Blue Grass band takes on Torta; and Johnny Payola’s Hayride headlines Starday’s night of honky tonkin’.
Saturday: Torta brings in Rainstick Cowbell and Progress Band.
– Have you eaten at Lily Day Cafe yet? I know this much—the “Boot” is a radical breakfast sandwich (think Italian sausage, sun dried tomatoes, provolone, egg, zuchini). And I’ll venture to say the decor, music, and sweet red booths make for a funner/funkier hang than (gasp!) Sweetness. Seriously, check ’em out. Free wifi, too.
– And finally, for the seventy billionth time: National Night Out is this Tuesday evening.
Alright Foster, have a good weekend. Be cool.