Man, it’s feast or famine around here. There wasn’t enough time in the day to enjoy all of last Saturday’s happenings, and now we’re short on things to do locally this weekend. I guess some down time’s not such a bad thing, right?
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Tastings, tastings, tastings. Yes, three tastings: Finnriver’s Cidermaker will be at Bar Carlo Monday, June 24 (6-9 pm), for cider and food pairings; Bull Run Cider will be at Bar Maven the following day, June 25 (6-9 pm); and Firestone Walker Brewing will be pouring their pale ales at N.W.I.P.A., Thursday, June 27 (starting at 6 pm). Shit man, we really have cornered the market on booze.
– Not to over-hype the last week of events, but here’s how rad our neighborhood’s been: garden tour, craft show at the cart pod, Foster Art Night, Fucking Art Night, bike pub crawl down Foster, and more street performers (seriously, how awesome is that kid playing the trumpet lately?).
– Remember when the Bobwhite Theatre was a thing?
– Alright parents, here’s a quick nod to n’hood items of family interest. First, with more time to fill as your kids are on summer break, Pieper Cafe will have you covered…at least for Wednesday afternoons. Every Wednesday at 3 pm, Olive and Dingo bring their clown act to the cafe. *** Also, don’t forget about the neighborhood parents group on Facebook, where you all can arrange/coordinate/share resources, childcare, ideas, and event plans. ***And if you haven’t heard already, Wild Lilac Child Development Community is in the process of moving into the neighborhood, and they fully plan to create a community space for families. ***Oh, and don’t forget Kidopolis for party/event space, day time activities and play areas, etc.
– The Green Lents Community Tool Library is hosting contractor, Steve Jones, this Saturday, June 22, to answer all your home repair/renovation questions. 10 to noon at 92nd and Ramona. Remember, this is your n’hood tool library, too.
– As of now, Starday Tavern is the only spot for live music this weekend (at least what’s listed). Friday night’s performers are Linsay Feathers (6 pm) and Tillamook Burn (8 pm). No word on Saturday yet.
– Oh, today’s the first day of summer. We made it. Enjoy the next three months as much as you can, because it’ll go by fast. And don’t forget to take advantage of all the outdoor dining/drinking options on Foster.
Have a good weekend, folks. Be cool, be safe.