It’s hard to believe we’re already a week into June. Before we know it, we’ll be halfway through 2013 and clamoring for that cool Fall weather. As we know, Portland crams a lot of stuff into the summer months, so get ready for event after concert after race after festival after beer show after wine show after food show after concert after event.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Foster United has a nice recap of all the Pedalpalooza events that touch the Foster area. The first event is June 12th, with other Foster area rides going through the 21st. Of note is the June 18th ride touring Foster’s potential development/improvement sites, beginning at 51st (meet at Speedboat Coffee) and ending at the I-205 MAX stop. That ride rolls into the next event, which then works back up Foster with stops at several of our beloved and not so beloved watering holes…ultimately stopping at Devil’s Point.
– Speaking of biking on Foster…the website, Bike Portland, had a nice writeup of biking options in the area and how they may or may not be incorporated into the future Foster Streetscape Plan.
– Bar Maven is holding its official grand opening party this Saturday. Starting at 9 pm, in no particular order: raffle (flat screen tv’s and a digital camera…go figure), dj, $2 pints of a mystery beer, and fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club.
– Also on Saturday: Crooked Toad performs at N.W.I.P.A at 8 pm; Pending Black peforms at Torta, also at 8; NW Lovers Rock Fest at the BobWhite, 7-10:30 pm.
– Your FoPo Neighborhood Association meets this Monday at Bar Carlo, 6:30-8 pm. Among other things, the Alley Allies folks will be in around to discuss their guide book for improving local alleys. There will be a discussion, too, on planning August’s National Night Out party in Kern Park.
Have a good weekend, folks. Be cool, be safe.