Ok, the rain has been back in full; no fluoride = teeth rot; and the $35 arts tax still holds. End of the world? No. Get out and enjoy your neighborhood, folks.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– Happy Birthday to the Egg Carton, who will be turning 1 soon. Celebrate with them this weekend as they introduce their new sandwich, a yet-to-be-identified concoction that you get to help name. If you buy the sandwich this weekend, you get to suggest a name; whoever proposes the best name will win a $20 gift certificate to EC, as well as an EC shirt….and, well, naming rights.
– Just when we thought the BobWhite had been left for dead, the theater opens its doors Saturday night for, perhaps a very fitting, Zombie Disco 3. “Come dressed as either a zombie or a hunter” and dance. Have fun?
– As we posted earlier this week, you have a couple more chances to offer input on development proposals for the Foster Corridor. First, you can comment on a grant application the city is submitting to Metro for bike/pedestrian improvements on Foster, from 50th to 90th. Then, you can plan on attending the 4th open house for the Foster Corridor Investment Strategy on June 4, where you can learn about development priorities along the whole corridor. Make your voices heard.
– The Willy Week put out its 2013 Market Guide, and despite our growing sense we’re completely isolated from grocery options, a few of our local establishments made the list. On Foster: An Xuyen, Overseas Taste, Portland Fruit and Produce (Paldo was left off the list). On Powell: An Dong Market, ABC Seafood, Tienda El Campesino, Om Seafood. On 82nd: Good Neighbor.
-Live Music… All starting at 8pm
Starday Tavern: Friday, Keeter Stuart and Alison Rice; Saturday, Sawmill Joe.
Torta: Friday, Annie Vergnetti Feat. Scott Deans; Saturday, Mother Shrew.
Gemini: Saturday, So To Speak; Sunday, THE REDS.
– Neighborhood Association stuff: The FoPo NA still needs a vice chair. Li Alligood holds the reins as chair, so if you’re interested, you have a trusted leader at the healm. On the other side of Foster, MSANA will be having a neighborhood social at Pieper Café, Wednesday, June 5th, at 6:30 p.m.
– Don’t forget about the FoPo Community Garden work party this weekend.
Have a good weekend, all. Be cool, be safe.