Well, we’re not quite as sunny as the last couple Fridays, but a weekend’s a weekend. Right? We have “Fucking Art Night” as the highlight, with a few other goings-on, too. Get out and about and support your neighborhood. Remember, we have multiple gyms/health/fitness/self-defense studios, bars, restaurants, garden centers, pot dispensaries and tire shops. Surely you can spend your money locally if you’re so inclined.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– As mentioned above, Fucking Art Night is this Saturday at the Foster Road Salon. Not to be mistaken with “Foster Art Night,” which wasn’t promoted this month but typically takes place on the same third Saturday of the month, this event is a little more intimate. Music, readings, art, and libations. Bring a bottle of something to help keep the place stocked.
– There are a few other events on Saturday, as well:
* Mill Street Planning will be presenting their preliminary draft of the Alley Allies toolkit at Bar Carlo, from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m.. If you want a quick refresher on the project and some of the ideas that have come out of it, check out Foster United’s recent article: here.
* Face painting at Foster Burger, from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. Bring the kids…or, rather, embrace your aspirations as a juggalo.
* Live music: Amber Harlan Granmo performs her jazz standards at Gemini Lounge starting at 8 p.m. (which means 9); Cody Weathers holds it down at Torta (same time); Starday Tavern surely will have some bluegrass, folk, rockabilly or Americana (just can’t confirm)
– Another week, another empty Bob White. The last event was an Alley Allies presentation in April. Prior to that (if recollection serves), it was a Home and Garden show that got cancelled. What’s the word? Anybody?
– Check out Fat Yoga on the evening news: http://www.kptv.com/story/22246559/fat-yoga-portland. Props to them.
– Finally, congrats to Li Alligood, the new Chair of the Foster-Powell Neighborhood Association. The NA is certainly in good hands, but she could use a vice chair if anybody’s interested. It’s an open seat waiting for the right person with vision and neighborhood dedication.
If you have an event you want to share, please do so. Enjoy the weekend all. Be cool, be safe.