Cinco de Mayo is this weekend, and the weather couldn’t be better. Celebrate…or don’t. But at the very least, enjoy the sun and have a good weekend. There are a few things happening locally and, as always, we want to hear what we missed. Feel free to share your events and other goings-on.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– First, RIP Kris Kelly. If you are between the ages of 28 and 35, surely you must be sad. If you’re older or younger, you had weird taste in music. Nonetheless, the “Mac Daddy” will be missed, and Kriss Kross will no doubt be remembered for their contributions to early ’90s hip hop.
– Second, you should be taking full advantage of Foster’s outdoor seating areas. The Merc listed Gemini Lounge and Bar Carlo in their ‘Patio Pages’ this week, but there are other options for your outdoor dining and imbibing, too. From the food carts to to O’Malley’s, and beyond…breakfast, coffee, lunch/dinner, beer, cocktail, dessert…it’s all there to enjoy in the sun.
– The yearly neighborhood cleanup, hosted by the Foster-Powell and Mt. Scott-Arleta NA’s, is this Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Arleta Elementary. Get rid of your wood scraps, junky furniture, tires and bike parts, and other bulky waste, while raising money for you neighborhood association at the same time. Check the flier to the left for more details.
– While you’re into neighborhood civic duties, think about joining the next work party at the FoPo Community Garden (Sunday, May 12). Again, this is your space, too, so contribute what you can.
– Live music: Welfare performs tonight at Gemini Lounge, while JonathanTrawick and Aarun Carter will be up the road at Torta; the David Brothers get Torta on Saturday night.
That’s all we got. Again, feel free to share any events or other happenings. Happy weekend!