With two months already down, we’re making quick work of 2013. It’s almost hard to believe. Before we know it, the annual neighborhood cleanup will be taking place and we’ll be preparing for the FoPo Garden Tour. Sheesh!
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– The Willy Week put out its 2013 listing of Cheap Eats, and a few neighborhood spots made the list. Foster Burger, Torta-landia, and Tambayan represented the southern half of the neighborhood, while Steakadelphia, Powell Seafood, and Binh Minh Sandwiches filled up the rest of our little triangle on the north side. Obviously, there are more deserving spots and some of them have made past years’ list (An Xuyen?). Still, it’s good recognition and a nice haul for a small neighborhood.
– Speaking of food…has anyone been to the Angry Unicorn food cart or Ma Tona’s since they re-opened? If so, let us know what you think.
– Here’s some more solicitation for feedback: would you be willing to absorb more traffic on Holgate in exchange for less vehicular lanes on Foster (to go along with bike and pedestrian improvements)? In the coming months, PBOT and the Foster Streetscape advisory committee will have to determine whether that tradeoff is beneficial to the neighborhood. Let us know what you think. To get a better grasp on what some of the proposed changes mean, check out Nick Falbo’s recent writeup at Foster United.
– As we mentioned earlier this week, the former Knuckleheads space will soon be filled by another bar. We have more information on what to expect, so catch up with us next week for more.
– Out and about in the ‘hood:
* check out Dancehall Days at Gemini Lounge this Saturday night
* Fat Yoga has a six-class intro special starting this coming week. Check out the different options here.
* RuPaul and the Bar Carlo crew are still hosting Big Gay Monday every week with airings of Drag Race and Untucked.
* Two Towns Cider tasting this coming Thursday, 3/7, at N.W.I.P.A. If you haven’t been to one yet, the tasting events at N.W.I.P.A. are pretty rad.
Happy weekend, FoPo! Be cool, be safe.