Spring appears to be nearing, and this weekend will only bring more false hope. The sun’s sticking around for a little longer, and we’ll be approaching 50 degrees for the next few days. Enjoy!
Here are your weekend tidbits….
– You still have a week to play city planner on PDC’s Town Hall site for the Foster-Lents Integration Partnership. The online forum allows participants to prioritize development-funding for the Foster Corridor. To do so, they’ve given each participant $500 (virtual money…don’t get too excited) to fund preferred projects on Foster from SE 50th to 122nd. The more feedback you give, the more (presumably) PDC will understand and build to the community’s desires. You have until February 15.
– Speaking of FLIP, the next open house is February 28th. Again, community feedback is important and should (presumably) go a long way in dictating how the Foster Corridor develops over time.
– And while we’re all official and all, your FoPo Neighborhood Association has its monthly meeting this Monday, Feb 11, at Bar Carlo. Here’s more info on what’s going on with your NA.
– Ok, if it’s not your neighborhood tweaker yelling in the alleyways in the middle of the night, or metal scraps taken from your yard, it’s a hostage situation drawing out the special emergency response team (SERT). It was quite the scene Monday at 61st and Foster. Here’s a little more info in case you missed it.
– Congrats to the Egg Carton for making Eater PDX’s list of 21 must-have food cart dishes. As per Eater: “Breakfast cart the Egg Carton serves a pimped-out version of the classic Monte Cristo sandwich, featuring (deep breath) a fried egg, two kinds of bacon, cheddar, two kinds of mustard, and strawberry jam — all stuffed between two slices of French toast.”
– For other goings-on and happenings in the neighborhood, check out Foster United’s events page. They’ve compiled quite the list.
Have a good weekend, all. Be cool, be safe.