The weekend is upon is, and it’s gonna be a cold one. The lows will be dipping us into the 20’s, but fortunately there are plenty of ways to stay warm. Hot cup of coffee at Speedboat or Pieper Cafe. Lunch at the heated Pod Bar, perhaps. Surely Karate will get your blood pumping. Tango in the evenings, too. Or simply grab a warm, wintry drink at your nearby watering hole and call it good.
If you know of any fun events this weekend or beyond, please feel free to share. Otherwise, here are a couple things you may want to mark on your calendars:
– Flotsam and Jetson is open Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from noon to 7. There aren’t a ton of places to shop on Foster, so check this place out for your antique and vintage household needs.
– FoPo Neighborhood Association Meeting: 6:30-8 p.m., Monday, January 14, at Bar Carlo. Click here for the agenda.
– Celebrate Slavic New Year at the Holgate Library Tuesday, January 15, at 6:30 p.m. Share, learn about, and enjoy Slavic culture with Russian, Cossack and Gypsy tales and folk songs.
– And don’t forget Foster Art Night is next weekend. Imbibe the literary scene of the Foster Road Salon, or the art and drink the abounds on Foster. Check the FAN facebook page for more info, artist lineup, and rough schedule.
– Oh, and for you soul cats out there, every Tuesday is Soul Night at Devil’s Point. Yes, your favorite jams from the 50s, 60s, and 70s, with a dose of, well, you know…
Be cool, FoPo, and have a good weekend!