Join your neighbors and the Willamette Pedestrian Coalition tomorrow (Tuesday) as they walk on Foster and honor those who have been victims of the unsafe walking conditions in our neighborhood. As part of Walktober — the three-week event meant to promote safe, healthy and fun walking– the Willamette Pedestrian Coalition has organized a Walk of Remembrance on Foster Road and parts of SE 82nd. Coinciding with the Walktober event, and paying tribute to those who have been killed while crossing said streets, the Walk of Remembrance will draw much needed attention to the Foster Corridor, especially amidst PBOT’s current process of updating the streetscape plan. The Walk of Remembrance will start at 10:00 a.m., Tuesday (10/23) morning, at Laurelwood Park (Holgate and Foster). After gathering at the park, the walk will proceed down Foster toward SE 82nd, stopping at various points to mark where lives have been lost along the busy stretch of road. While the timing of this event makes it tough for most to attend, please consider doing so if you are able.
- @TheGrayBrigade just closing shop. We'll be around. 11 months ago
- Farewell, Foster, it’s been fun. fosterpowellpdx.com/2017/07/14/far… https://t.co/vUQ7tR3LRN 11 months ago
- Happy Weekend, Foster People! fosterpowellpdx.com/2017/07/07/hap… 11 months ago
- Foster gets busy this Saturday. You should,@too! fosterpowellpdx.com/2017/07/06/fos… https://t.co/GaZxO1z6gE 11 months ago
- RT @BarMavenPdx: We are open today! Come down and party with us ! fb.me/963Pbwbrz 11 months ago