Join your neighbors and the Willamette Pedestrian Coalition tomorrow (Tuesday) as they walk on Foster and honor those who have been victims of the unsafe walking conditions in our neighborhood. As part of Walktober — the three-week event meant to promote safe, healthy and fun walking– the Willamette Pedestrian Coalition has organized a Walk of Remembrance on Foster Road and parts of SE 82nd. Coinciding with the Walktober event, and paying tribute to those who have been killed while crossing said streets, the Walk of Remembrance will draw much needed attention to the Foster Corridor, especially amidst PBOT’s current process of updating the streetscape plan. The Walk of Remembrance will start at 10:00 a.m., Tuesday (10/23) morning, at Laurelwood Park (Holgate and Foster). After gathering at the park, the walk will proceed down Foster toward SE 82nd, stopping at various points to mark where lives have been lost along the busy stretch of road. While the timing of this event makes it tough for most to attend, please consider doing so if you are able.
- RT @FuckingFoster: Seems like a good opportunity for @MtScottArleta and @FosterPowellNA to collaborate/rally around Foster https://t.co/xy… 6 hours ago
- RT @omalleyspdx: Dinner Plans? @fopopdx @FuckingFoster #pizza #dough #sauce #cheese https://t.co/JUALwniupP 6 hours ago
- News for your overcast Tuesday morning fosterpowellpdx.com/2017/06/27/new… https://t.co/ki07RKeaJA 1 day ago
- @Gus_Kroll @FuckingFoster ...he has for a few years. Maybe the timing's now right to do something there. 3 days ago
- @Gus_Kroll @FuckingFoster yep, just saw it, too. I believe the owner of the building also owns a well known restaurant downtown... 3 days ago