Friday’s post comes to you all a little late today, as the last day of summer has made the computer a tad unappealing. Sure enough, we do wish you the best, though, as we move into the Fall season.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– We’ve been talking a lot about the commercial activity on Foster lately. Whether it’s encouraging you to support local businesses, or just reporting on what’s new along the commercial corridor. Well, as we’ve mentioned already, Save A Lot is closing, and it appears the Dollar Tree will be joining it, too, along with the neighboring laundromat. Sadly, a little further west, the Bad Apple will be joining them. However, not all is doom and gloom, and some of the closings present more opportunity. N.W.I.P.A. is still very much a new business, and they appear to be doing well. A karate studio is opening in the same complex as Red Castle games, too, and there are rumors of a bakery across from Save A Lot near the sewing machine shop. And…as someone pointed out, and I just noticed myself,we now have a Sleep World, which finally fills the empty space next to 7-11. Yes, we’re still waiting for more, but change is happening.
– Speaking of commercial activity, the folks behind the Foster the Phoenix movement remain busy. You can read more about the state of the building in Steve Beaven’s article in the Oregonian. Oh, and for those looking forward to the open house and sale this weekend, it’s been postponed a week to coincide with Fun on Foster next week.
– Yep, Fun on Foster is next week. Be there.
– Like bagels? Need ’em by the half dozen? Bar Carlo has you covered…made in house.
– Live music tonight at Gemini, as always: Precious Darlings and Big Monti Amundson. And…new to the live music scene and stretching the nighttime vibe further along Foster, N.W.I.P.A. hosts the acoustic sounds of Crooked Toad and friends tonight starting around 8 pm.
Have a good weekend, y’all. Feel free to share any other neighborhood goings on.