I, for one, am glad we’re not hovering around 100 degrees. Last weekend was a tad, shall I say, unbearable. I guess that’s climate change for ya’. Anyway, the temperature is much more pleasant and there’s lots to do to enjoy it this weekend. It’s going to be September before we know it, so make the most out of the sunny, yet shortening days.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– First off, congrats to the folks at N.W.I.P.A. who just opened their doors for business yesterday. Beer’s one thing; good beer is another. Throw in some varied food options that changes what was previously available on Foster, and it only gets better. I’m personally excited about oyster and beer pairings. Show them some love, everybody…whether on the go or not.
– Speaking of beer, Foster Art Night now has a homebrew made in its namesake. Indeed. Some of the folks connected to the Southeast Church, who will operate out of the Day Theater and host art and music to coincide with FAN, have made a special batch of beer in honor of Foster and the creative pursuits of area residents. Check it out: Foster Art Night IPA.
– Gemini Lounge, as is most common, will have live music this Saturday night: Tater Famine, The Reverend, and Country Trash. Don’t forget about the tasty cocktails, uber local tap list, and of course the sliders.
– Lents International Farmers Market…every Sunday at 92nd and Foster until the end of October (11am – 4pm). This is a great way to support your local economy and get some good food, crafts, and entertainment, too!
– Exploring a litter farther east, check out Zenger Farm for their August Farm Day on Saturday, from 10a – 4p. You can take a self-guided tour and/or join a work party. Zenger Farm is a great asset to the community and worth checking out. They also provide workshops and resources for Southeast neighborhoods.
– The Willamette Pedestrian Coalition (WPC) will be conducting five “Crosswalk Education Actions” this month, one of which will take place on Foster Road. The goal of these actions is to bring education and awareness to crosswalk safety. The action on Foster will take place on Tuesday, August 14, and the WPC is looking for volunteers. If you are interested in learning more or helping with this effort, please fill out a volunteer registration form or contact Steph Routh at email@example.com
– Finally, some food for thought….MTV’s Real World is currently filming its newest season in the Pearl District. How rad would it be if those seven strangers were living in FoPo or Lents instead?
Have a good weekend, all. And don’t forget to keep it local.