It is officially summer, but as we know, that doesn’t mean much. The rain returns this weekend as we dip back into the 60’s. You can still get out, though. Or at least find stuff to do locally that allows you to stay dry (hint: coffee and/or brunch on Foster in the a.m.; drinks and/or a meal in the p.m….sounds lovely, right?)
Ok, on to your weekend tidbits….
– Torta-landia begins its Sunday night trivia this weekend. Hey, if getting quizzed is your excuse to have a torta and margarita, so be it. They’re pretty great in their own right, though, so trivia’s just an added bonus. Prizes will be given out.
– Speaking of trivia, I guess we should remind everybody that O’Malley’s hosts trivia every Thursday. So…tacos and tortas on Sunday, pizza on Thursday.
– I suppose we should just list off the other events that happen regularly in the ‘hood; standup comedy at O’Malley’s on Monday; “B” Movies at Bar Carlo on Wednesday; craft night at Bar Carlo on Thursday. I’m sure there’s more, so feel free to let us know what we’re missing.
– While we’re on the topic of bars and restaurants, and now that it’s summer, it should be noted that we have some pretty rad outdoor drinking/dining options on Foster. Slingshot’s patio is great. Foster Burger and Knuckleheads each have one, too. Naturally, the food carts are an option as well. So, too, are Bar Carlo, O’Malley’s, Bob and Alice’s, Da Hui, Gemini Lounge, and Pieper Cafe, as they all have sidewalk seating.
– This last Wednesday saw close to 40 people turn out for a discussion on the future of Foster at Mt. Scott Community Center. The conversation was both informative and engaging, as a lot of great ideas and questions came up in regard to the future refresh of the Foster Streetscape Plan. To learn more and get involved further, the PDC will be hosting an open house this coming Wednesday, 6/27, at the Mt. Scott Learning Center. It’ll be more important that you tell them (and PBOT) what you want the future of Foster Road to look like, so please show up with your questions and ideas. The open house begins at 5 p.m. and concludes after a walking tour of Foster at 7.
– Don’t forget to mark your calendars for July’s Foster Art Night. Let’s make it the biggest and most attended one yet. Remember, every third Saturday of the month. That means July 21st should be reserved on your calendar.
Alright, y’all…happy weekend!