If you can get through the rain today, the sun reemerges tomorrow and we bump up into the 70’s on Sunday. Should be a fairly nice weekend. Hope you all find a way to enjoy it.
Now on to your weekend tidbits….
– Yet another save the date for the FoPo Garden Tour! Next Saturday, June 16, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., get out and walk the neighborhood. Even if you’re not a garden aficionado, this is guaranteed to be a good time. Be inspired by your green-thumbed neighbors and see the sights. Oh, and just as a heads up…last year I happened to stumble into home-brewed beers, mimosa mixes, and even sangria. Obviously our FoPo gardeners know how to spice things up. There will be raffles, too.
– New food cart and breakfast spot. The Egg Carton has set up shop in the Carts on Foster pod, and their menu is pretty incredible…unless you’re dieting. Signature dish….the FoPo Cristo. Check ’em out Thursday (10 am-2pm) through Sunday (9a-2p) mornings.
– Just in time for summer and the good weather…Gemini Lounge has acquired its cafe permit, which means tasty cocktails in the sun.
– Hacienda CDC project manager, Ellen Wyoming, presented plans for the Portland Mercado this last Wednesday at the Mt. Scott-Arleta NA meeting. Preliminary visions for the project call for a market with several vendors ranging from a butcher and florist, to those selling tacos and tamales, as well as an outdoor arcade with tables and gathering space. If they can secure the proper funding, and all works out with the PDC, they hope to take control of the vacant lot on the SE corner of 72nd and Foster.
– The Lents International Farmers Market begins next Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.. Please support your local vendors and economy.
– Rose CDC will be holding another visioning session for the Wikman-Arleta project this Sunday (2-4 pm) and Monday (6:30-8:30 pm). This meeting will be at the Wikman Building, located at 4420 SE 64th, and will be a good opportunity to take part in a fascinating project that could become a huge asset to the community.
– Foster Art Night is next weekend. If you missed it last month, it’s a lot of fun. More details to come on the next installment, which will take place after the Garden Tour.
Happy weekend, y’all!