Well, we have a couple more days of sun, and then it’s back to the 60’s with rain. We hope you find a way to enjoy the weather before it changes for…well, who knows how long.
Here are your weekend tidbits, FoPo….
– Foster Art Night is this Saturday. From the Slingshot to O’Malley’s, with many stops in between, get your Foster boogie on with live music, art, readings, and a drink or two. Official start is at 5pm at Slingshot Lounge, where Jae Burlingame will have art on display. From there, work your way to the Crafty Underdog Shop for wine and chats until 7pm. From there, take your pick between Torta-landia, where the artist is still to be determined, or the Foster Road Salon for art readings, wine, and more. Foster Road Salon is above Bob and Alice’s. At 8pm, stop in at the Gemini Lounge to celebrate their official grand opening with live music and drinks, and then cap things off at O’Malley’s, where Scott Chase still has art on display.
– Hacienda CDC is eyeing the PDC-owned lot at 72nd and Foster for its Portland Mercado project. Very cool concept…exciting potential for the neighborhood.
– As we reported yesterday, the mayor’s office recently offered a band aid proposal to address residents’ traffic safety concerns for Foster Road. Instead of adding a crosswalk or two, or making the existing ones safer and more visible, they plan a one-day crosswalk enforcement campaign in the coming future. Oh, and it’s possible they may receive grant money to install a digital speed reader…and that’s a maybe with a 6 month wait. I can hear you all applauding now.
– The Willamette Week just published its Devour guide for hungry shoppers. In its various categories ranging from world markets and grocers, to bakeries and produce stands, Foster-Powell and its environs got some notable mentions. Of them, An Xuyen bakery, Portland Fruit Company, ABC Market, and the Decorette Shop made the list. So did the Food 4 Less on Powell.
– Don’t forget that Mojo Salon will be celebrating two years on Foster. From 3-9 p.m. on Saturday, they’ll have an open house with food, drinks, and…wait…fresh cotton candy. This will be a perfect complement to Foster Art Night. Make sure to stop by as you stroll down Foster. Happy Birthday, Mojo!
Happy weekend, y’all….