It seems like a lot’s going on in and around the ‘hood. As always, we lead you into the weekend with tidbits galore. Enjoy, and have a nice, relaxing few days. We’ll catch you on Monday.
– Sweetness Bakery and Cafe will soon be hosting a monthly dinner, branching out from their usual pastries, coffee and breakfast. The Sweetness Super Club, as it is called, will seat up to 20 people for dinner on a monthly basis. The first hosting will be on February 29th. For more information, and/or to make a reservation, click here.
– “Gay Mondays?” Yep, brought to you exclusively by Bar Carlo. Catch RuPaul’s Drag Race on the big screen Monday nights. Word is, there’ll be an occasional showing of Fashion Police, too.
– If you haven’t yet noticed the marquee poking out of the Bob White Theatre, there will be an estate sale next weekend, presumably to clear the space of all salvageable equipment, furniture and other items. This is a good sign, as, ideally, it means the space is being prepped for the renovation it sorely needs. Only good things to come now…or so we hope.
– The HJ Mini Mart and Deli, on SE 82nd and Holgate, will be changing hands, and is soon to become Giants NY Pizza and Convenience. We’ll see what they have to offer.
– And finally, it looks like Foster Road is getting a new tattoo parlor. After Suite C Tattoo opened above Torta-Landia a few months ago, another shop will be opening in the expansive space above Da Hui. No word on who’ll run the shop, or when it will open.