A few dazzling (not really) tidbits for the masses. Have a good weekend, y’all.
* Seven Eleven’s presence on Foster is becoming more and more official. That oh-so-familiar red, green and orange is sure adding a splash of color to the former Blockbuster site. All sarcasm aside, they landscaped the corner of Holgate, Foster, and 63rd, which is actually a nice addition to the neighborhood.
* Saturday is Bank Transfer Day. FoPo doesn’t have any banks, but you can still move your money…if you’re so inclined. In an organized (or not so organized) attempt to show the big banks how much clout the Occupy movement may or may not have, they’re supporting a parallel, grassroots movement to promote local banking…well, really to protest against big banks. Rally on Saturday, Terry Schrunk plaza. Or, don’t go, just transfer your money.
* If protesting’s not your thing, get your Shiva on at Somaphile Movement Studio. Sorry, girls only. This dance class will get your mind and body all tangled up…in a good way.
* Dance? Beginning Tango lessons at Tango Berretin, Saturday night at 8pm, followed by open dancing for all until 2am.
* Laugh at Linus will perform their acoustic/folk/other music at Torta-Landia Saturday night, as well. Show starts at 8pm.
* As usual, weekly Brunch and Blue Grass, Sunday morning at Torta-Landia.