Dang. December already. Warm, sunny days seem like such a distant memory at this point. Question for you all: what’s your favorite wintry/holiday drink of choice? Eggnog, hot toddy, hot chocolate (and Schnapps), hot buttered rum, whiskey to get you through it all, some other concoction?
Here are your weekend tidbits…
- Ok, someone in the neighborhood has to have a business idea and a bit ‘a money to open up a storefront, right? There’s space available right in the heart of Foster. Make it happen.
- The Sun Times is the most recent publication to tackle the best burgers in Portland. This time it wasn’t Foster Burger that made a “top 5,” rather it was Angry Unicorn. Kudos to them and our uniquely-Foster cart pod.
- For those following along with the Bobwhite: large-scale restoration is on the way. Projection screen, re-upholstered seats, new HVAC system, and a push to get the Wurlitzer Room ready for music, food, and drink.
- If you want a say in potential designs for the Phoenix Pharmacy mural, get to Monday’s Foster-Powell Neighborhood Association—Bar Carlo at 6:30 p.m..
- We all know N.W.I.P.A. has good beer. But they’ve got good eats, too. Meat and cheese plates, meatball sandwiches, oysters…Oysters! And to get more oyster-y, your neighborhood bottle shop will be hosting Nevor Shellfish, from Netarts Bay, tonight. Also on hand—for the non-beer drinkers—a select few wine specials will be available. Tonight, from 6 – 9 p.m.
- Spot 79. Just sayin’.
- Weekend music and happenings:
Starday Tavern- HayMaker and the Redeemed, Friday; Slim Bacon, Saturday
N.W.I.P.A.- Nevor Shellfish, Friday at 6
SMART Collective- Live music with Caregiver, Sioux Falls, and Robot Boy- Saturday from 5-8pm
Gemini Lounge- Dj Encrypted, Saturday
Enjoy, all. Be cool, be safe.