The weekend’s upon us. And for a lot of you, it’s a long one. We have a few interesting tidbits to send you into it. Keep doing your thing, Foster, and we’ll catch you on the other side.
Here are your weekend tidbits…
– I’m pretty sure I heard a collective sigh of relief (and giddiness) ringing through the neighborhood yesterday. Green Zebra Grocery announced that they will not, after all, locate their next store on Woodstock. Naturally, that opens up the door for Foster to be considered. Or so one can hope. One neighborhood’s loss is another’s gain, perhaps?
– According to the Portland Mercury, the 7-11 at 82nd and Powell saw the second most 911 calls dispatched city-wide in 2013. The article states, via store workers and shoppers, the parking lot is “a heroin market and way station for people recently released from the hospital or jail.” Awesome! Fame is fame, right?
– Gemini Lounge got some love in PDX Magazine’s most recent article. Not only did they get a shout out to represent Foster Road, but their Pumpkin and Eggnog Martinis were featured in the article’s list of holiday cocktails.
– Lots of live music in the neighborhood this weekend:
Torta- Dennis Elmerls Vibraphone, Friday; Cherry City Band, Saturday
Gemini- Coloring Electric Like, Friday
Starday- CountrySide Rid, Friday; The Mirrors, Sellwoods, and Sharks play Surf and ’60s pop on Saturday
NWIPA- Samba-esque Pagode session, Saturday night
– Speaking of N.W.I.P.A….Breakside IPA blowout next Thursday, 1/23. Do it.
– Friend of Trees is planting in the neighborhood this weekend. Kudos to those of you who are getting a tree and/or are helping with planting.
– If you haven’t seen this yet, check out the site plan for the Foster-Powell Community Garden. Good stuff.
Have a good weekend, all. Be cool, be safe.